Thursday 24 January 2019

 Whooper Swans
I had a plumber booked for a morning slot today 07.00-12.30, he arrived dead on 12.30 so that was the best part on my day gone. However it did mean I was at home when the Whooper Swans flew into the field very close to my garden, but as usual a dog walker went out into the field and flushed them. They only take their dogs out there so they don't have to clean up after them, they are certainly not out out there to enjoy the countryside as most the time they have mobile phones glues to their ears, or staring down at them.
Also from the garden this morning 2 Ravens, a Great White Egret, 2 Marsh Harriers and a Common Buzzard.
1 of 3 Cattle Egrets around today
Early afternoon around Cockles Bridge 3 Cattle Egrets were in the horse paddock in the company of a Little Egret, the usual Golden Plover, Lapwing and handful of Curlew was also present.
At Scotney it was very quiet again with small numbers of duck and the usual feral Geese.
I was watching the Little Owl at Lydd camp at 15.40 when the van turned up to take down the the safety flags, I quickly drove down Galloways then made a quick plod along the green wall to the mound to view Sooth Brooks, the light was already fading, so I was not surprised that I didn't see any Short-eared Owls or the male Hen Harrier, however 2 Barn Owls and a Merlin were nice compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment