Friday 25 January 2019

On a thoroughly miserable day around the peninsular I chose to go to The Patch this morning, despite spending an hour going through several 100s of Gulls that were present I was unable to find anything even slightly unusual among them, off shore a few Auks and Red-throated Divers were seen through the dire visibility, I eventually gave up when a single fisherman walked the length of the beach flushing all the Gulls and setting up directly in front The Patch hide. 
Just some of the 4,283 Cormorants I counted on Burrowes this morning
From Boulderwall a flock of 43 Curlew were notable along with a single Great White Egret but otherwise no change. When I got to Dennis's I was confronted by every island covered in Cormorants, as the weather was still poor I decided to count them, all 4,283 of them. The only notable bird was a 2nd cal year Great Black-backed Gull that was ringed as a nestling in Skotholmen, Fedje, Hordaland, Norway 60°47'17"N 004°42'33"E . on the 21/06/2018.
JJ314 Great Black-backed Gull
The 2 Whooper Swans can still be seen from Cockles Bridge, also 3 Cattle Egrets still foraging in that general area. At Scotney once again very little of note , 21 Dunlin being the highlight. From the causeway c350 Pochard on the ARC and another c200 Cormorants.

No comments:

Post a Comment