Wednesday 23 January 2019

Another Quiet Day!

As dawn broke with freezing north wind and a little lying snow on the roof of the car, I made myself another coffee and stayed in the warm for another couple of hours. I did tick off the 2 Whooper Swans for the day from the comfort of home as well as a Cattle Egret and Marsh Harrier.
When I eventually worked enough enthusiasm to drive to the beach a single Cattle Egret was in the garden of Green Hop Farm as I drove by.
From the fishing boats the usual hordes of Cormorants but very few Auks, Kittiwakes and Gannets so I didn't stay long.
I stopped at the New Diggings but found little of note, the same goes for the southern end of the ARC, though 6 Goldeneye were seen from the causeway.
From Boulderwall a few Curlew, Golden Plover, Lapwing, Wigeon and a Great White Egret of note. At Cockles Bridge the 2 Whoopers still, a Common Buzzard and a Stonechat.
This afternoon a wander from the ARC car park to the Tower Pits out to the Airport Pits and back saw very little apart from Marsh Harriers, a few Common Snipe and several Song Thrushes.
Another wander form the ARC car park past Boulderwall out to the back of Hookers was also very quiet, seeing the usual Golden plovers, Lapwing, Stock Doves and Wigeon, a couple of Marsh Harriers, some more Common Snipe  and a nice mixed flock of Reed Buntings, Linnets, Meadow Pipits and Sky Larks. As I drove past Home Leigh Farm 3 Cattle Egrets were in the Horse Paddocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment