Monday 9 June 2014

Colour Ringed Gulls!

This morning at The Patch it was all about colour ringed gulls. The tide was nearly up and all the gulls were right in front the hide, with no fishermen or dog walkers to disturb them. I spent the best part of 2 hours there trying to read and photograph the North Thames colour ringed birds. Over the boil c50 Common Terns of note.
 FZ7.T a Dungeness regular
 K5FT
 P1BT a Dungeness regular
 P4FT
 R2HT
 R3FT
 R4GT
 T2HT
T9DT
This afternoon I cycled to Camber to see the  Lizard Orchids. On the way I stopped at Scotney where the 5 Avocet young at the Kent end are doing well. At the East Sussex end the 3 pairs of Avocets now have at least 4 young. Over the lake a Hobby was  catching Dragonflies. I will hope to post images of the Orchids tomorrow as my card reader is playing up.
This evening the Glossy Ibis was on Hayfield 3 with 8 Little Egrets, a Cuckoo flew over and 2 Bearded Tits were by the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment