Tuesday 11 August 2020

Tuesday 11/08/2020

AJG has persevered with the early morning sea watches from the fishing boats every day during this hot spell, unfortunately his efforts haven't as yet been rewarded. The paucity of Terns, Gannets and Cormorants feeding off shore leads me to believe that there is very little food in the bay.
I have spent the afternoons swimming in the sea on either Galloways Beach, Denge Marsh Beach or Dungeness Beach just keeping cool.  
Glossy Ibis when it first flew into the ARC Sunday evening
Juvenile I think?


Glossy Ibis at the ARC taken this morning
Juvenile Kittiwake at bottom of Dengemarsh Gully yesterday afternoon 
Lydd Church at sunset Sunday
Pied Flycatcher in Dave Bunneys garden this evening



Wheatear at Galloways yesterday, still only the odd Whinchat there
Southern Migrant Hawker by Lydd airport found by John Young
The normally rare Golden Twin Spots have been turning up in large numbers, I have recorded 11 so far.
Oak Processionary has also been abundant this year 
The lovely Jersey Tiger, there must be a breeding colony near me as I catch good numbers every year.
 I caught my first Tree Lichen Beauty the other day and have been catching them every day since.

3 comments: