Wednesday 15 May 2013

Dead Camera

Sea watching this morning 06.30-09.00
Red-throated Diver: 3E
Fulmar: 14W
Gannet: n/c
Manx Shearwater: 2W
Eider: 5E
Common Scoter:
Shelduck:
Arctic Skua: 4E
Great Skua: 11E
Sandwich tern: n/c
Common Tern: n/c
Swallow: 4 in
Swift: 13 in
Another watch from 14.00-15.30: Yielded only 1 Arctic Skua and 2 Red-throated Divers of note.
A look across a wind lashed Walland found 2 Turtle Doves at the seed dump that landed just a few feet from me. I carefully raised my camera and pressed the shutter and nothing happened! I checked it was switched on it was, the camera was dead, I changed the batteries and still dead ****!
Driving past Midley a Harrier caught my eye a Ring Tail Monty's no! A Ring Tail Hen Harrier that proceeded to quarter the field right in front of me and my dead camera!
While sulking at home I fiddled about with the camera and took out the tiny lithium battery gave it wipe and hey presto the camera came to life. I have now lashed out the princely sum of £1.49 including postage for new one.
A hour spent in Dennis's hide saw 8 Turnstones, the pair of Scaup and many swifts over Burrowes.
I am pleased to say that this evening the Hobby is back hunting over the field and landing on the same post in front my house.
  

1 comment:

  1. Bad luck happens to us all. I try to keep a charged spare around my person. Better luck tomorrow with the pics. Turtle Dove was nice though.

    ReplyDelete