Thursday 17 May 2012

Late Again

After a family day in the midlands yesterday (42 Red Kites on M40) I had a short lay in this morning. So no surprise that I missed the best birds on the sea watch (1 Pomarine Skua E, 2 Arctic Skua's E and 3 Black Terns) in fact the most interesting thing I saw on the sea was the above ship.
I could find no migrants around the point just the resident Black Redstarts, Stonechats and Wheatears.
At the ARC Pit and New Diggings squadrons of Swifts hawking along with a few Swallows, House Martins, Sand Martins and 4+ Hobby's. Also a single Greenshank flew around and disappeared towards Lade.
At Scotney 2 Dunlin and some Ringed Plovers, also 2 Bar-headed Geese.
Opposite Lydd Gold Club the Turtle Dove was back on the wires and further along the road the Little Owl was on the derelict sheds, 2 Hobby's hawking over the Rape and a Marsh Harrier.
The best I can say about the Bee-eater is I missed it by a few minutes.
With favourable E to SE winds forecast, a car load off us are off to Breskens, Holland tonight for a dawn start hoping for some spectacular vis mig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment