Sunday 26 November 2023

26/11/2023

Probably my worst ever image of a Velvet Scoter taken early this morning (must remember to turn my camera on )
08.00-09.00 & 13.30-14.30  from the boats with RW, Wind NE 0-1, Temp  -1°
Brent Goose: 1E
Teal: 3W 
Wigeon: 3W 
Velvet Scoter: 1W 
Common Scoter: 19W   2E
Great-crested Grebe: 12 on
Oystercatcher: 1E        4W
Turnstone: 2 present
Kittiwake: 7W
Black-headed Gull: present
Common Gull: present
Great Black-backed Gull: present
Herring Gull: present
Lesser Black-backed Gull: present
Sandwich Tern: 1E
Guillemot: 8 present
Razorbill: 15 present    
Auk sp: 44W
Red-throated Diver: 10E   7W     2 present 
Gannet: 65 feeding 
Cormorant: c1,000 feeding 
Pied Wagtail: 1 present
Grey Seal: 1
At Scotney many 100s of feral Geese but I still can't find and wild Geese there, nor anything unusual among the many duck present.
Mid morning there were 8 Cattle Egrets feeding in the Cockles Bridge Triangle
A disappointing hike down Dengemarsh Gully found 6 Goldcrest and single Raven

Whooper Swans
As I was driving across the causeway after the afternoon sea watch a herd of Swans dropping into the ARC caught my attention, I quickly drove to the RSPB entrance swung round and headed back across the causeway to a position that I could see the Swans properly, I was very pleased to see that there not just 24 Bewick Swans but also 4 adult Whooper Swans, which swam as close as they possibly could to me.
Bewick Swans in the gloom at the ARC this afternoon

One of the Glossy Ibis, image taken yesterday. Today I could only find 3. of them.
My latest ever Swallow hawking around the lighthouse yesterday
One of two Black Redstarts feeding on the perimeter wall

No comments:

Post a Comment