Friday 9 December 2022

09/12/2022

 The Whooper Swans on the ARC in the freezing fog early this morning
One of three Cattle Egret at Cockles Bridge this morning
Little Owl on Walland Marsh this afternoon, I would never have spotted it if I hadn't been using my thermal imager
There were 19 Bewick Swans on Walland this afternoon, with at least 5 Pink-footed Geese but all were very distant. The freezing conditions seems to have bought an influx of Thrushes, as Fieldfares, Redwings, Blackbirds and a few Song Thrushes were evident on Walland and at the back of Scotney. 60+ Corn buntings, 20+ Tree Sparrows, 100+ Skylarks were around the back fields of Scotney, also still 3 Little Gulls and 3 Green Sandpipers on the western back lake, with another of each on the main lake. The large Greylag flock now has 14 Brent Geese with it and the Barnacles have increased to 12 but I saw no other Grey Geese there. I went to Galloways from just before sunset to dark, apart from 2 Ravens I saw nothing else of note. Apparently there were still some White-fronts at Dengemarsh today.
This Little Owl was easier to spot, but this is as close as I could get to it
The Whooper Swans in yesterdays glorious sunshine
4 White-fronted Geese with Greylags at the back of Dengemarsh yesterday
Family of Bewick Swans that spent yesterday on the ARC, moving off late afternoon
one of the adult Bewick Swans
Song Thrush a bird I seldom see these days

1 comment: