Saturday 12 November 2022

12/11/2022

Boathouse Gem apparently only the 4th ever British record
When I saw this moth in the trap this morning it seemed to be familiar but I was unable to name to it, I checked my moth books but was unable to find it. It was only when I took it down to Dungeness Bird Observatory and showed it to David Walker that I realised it might be something special, David was quickly able to inform me as to its identity and how rare the moth was, so many thanks to David.
Today juvenile Sabines Gull at the fishing boats







Black-headed Gull chasing a 1w Arctic Tern at the fishing boats


 

1 comment:

  1. Cracking set of photos Martin. It was strange that ealier I was saying to you there hadn`t been many decent gulls seen this winter. Then we got the heads up from GH and JH of the Sabine`s. Good to see you

    ReplyDelete