Sunday 2 January 2022

Happy New Year

 08.20-10.00 from the hide with OL, CT & CP
Brent Goose: 23E
Common Scoter: 6W        1E
Red-throated Diver: 324W      9E
Great-crested Grebe: 2 around
Fulmar: 5W
Gannet: 172W
Cormorant: present n/c
Kittiwake: 560W     
Black-headed Gull: present n/c
Common Gull: present n/c
Great Black-backed Gull: present n/c
Herring Gull: present n/c
Guillemot: 148W   
Razorbill: 73W    
Auk sp: 428W  
As Dungeness was inundated with visitors yesterday, I was very laid back and kept out of the way.
Todays miserable weather kept visitor numbers down, but also kept the birds down. I did manage to see all the Egrets and the 2 Ibis, along with Caspian Gull, Jack Snipe and a few other bits and pieces, roll on Tuesday when some sort of normality will return to the peninsular.
Jack Snipe from yesterday
Cattle Egrets moving to the ARC this morning
Near adult Caspian Gull from Dennis's Hide this afternoon
Another Jack Snipe this afternoon
My 5 mile perimeter where I'm sure 99% of my birding will take place this year, though I have promised myself I will make a few trips to Orlestone Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment