Tuesday 28 December 2021

28/12/2021

 With the odd domestic chore to do today I was very lazy by having a long lay in this morning, then the rain arrived. It was easy afternoon before I worked up the enthusiasm to go for a wander. The water level on Burrowes is still rising so now more of the islands are submerged, those that aren't are covered in the Black Plague, Cormorants! from Dennis's hide 4 Goldeneye were the highlight, I certainly wasn't going to walk up to Firth or Makepiece in the wind and drizzle, just so I could get a soaking because the hides have deemed unsafe. Elsewhere a Jack snipe on private land, also the 6 Cattle Egrets are still feeding around the Horse Paddocks with some Little Egrets, I didn't see any of the wild Geese today, but I did not really look that hard, they may well be at the back of Dengemarsh. Superb camouflage of the Jack Snipe

No comments:

Post a Comment