Saturday 12 June 2021

10-12/06/2021

The last image I took of a Collared Pratincole before they all departed
The Greatstone Hooded Crow which took me 5 attempts to see it. It seems now that if you throw some bread out in the car park opposite the Jolly Fisherman PH, there is a good chance it will come into feed.



The Glossy Ibis is still strutting around the island on the ARC gorging itself on Medicinal Leech's. Marsh Harriers are much in evidence around the peninsular hunting for their young. Hobby's are having much better time now the warmer weather has arrived. A few more Common Terns have arrived on Burrowes and the ARC and look to be thinking about nesting. Reed, Sedge and Cetti's warblers are feeding young all around the reserve, as are Common and Lesser Whitethroats, Bearded Tits are much in evidence, but the Bitterns are keeping a low profile.
The Cormorant colony on the ARC can be a little noisy at the moment
The Boulderwall Barn Owls come out at all times of the day now they have young to feed


There are good numbers of Yellow Wagtails breeding around the peninsular, this one is in the field opposite my house.
A gorgeous visitor to my garden this morning, it represents the 150th species that I have seen from or in the garden. I think I'll put it on the pending list. I fear such a colourful bird won't last long in the wild. A Golden Oriole was reported within sight of my garden yesterday😳


This morning we had a super encounter with a Hare that totally ignored us.




Hares playing

A very washed out Painted Lady at Hookers today
 

No comments:

Post a Comment