Friday 27 March 2020

BWKM0 27/03/2020

 My scope set up for todays BWKMO
 View NE towards the ARC and Water Tower & Boulderwall Fields 
View E-SE towards the reserve visitor centre, lighthouses and power station
The visibility was very poor today with all the tractors running around kicking up clouds of dust.
At the moment my from the garden list stands at 140 in the 9 years I have been here, my BWKM0 list stands at 54 with no new species added today, though I did miss another Red Kite over the ARC while making a cup of coffee. I spent most the day standing scoping from the balcony in the teeth of a very cold NE wind that is blasting across the peninsula, which looks set to do so for at least the next week, nor surprisingly I had a poor return for my efforts. The local Herring Gulls kept me on my toes constantly alarming as a procession of Common Buzzards and Sparrowhawks sailed over. Hopefully soon the wind will abate and a gentle southerly will bring me the sound of Bitterns booming and some Hirundines. If you wish to take part in the BWKM0 then please go to Steve Gales excellent blog North Downs and Beyond 





3 comments: