Tuesday 7 January 2020

Tuesday 07/01/2020

Due to domestic stuff I didn't make it to the sea watch this morning but AJG kindly sent me his and DW sightings:
07.30-09.00 from the sea watch hide:
Red-throated Diver: 42W
Fulmar: 6W
Gannet: 18 around
Kittiwake: 52W
Mediterranean Gull: 1W
Guillemot: 41W
Razorbill: 5W
Auk sp: 136W    14E
Poor image of the 5 Long-tailed Ducks at Scotney this morning
I did get to Scotney mid morning where I was pleasantly surprised to find the Long-tailed Ducks had increased to 5, which easily the biggest party I have ever encountered on the south coast. The usual feral Geese, Golden Plover, Lapwing and Marsh Harriers were also present.
The drake Smew was seen on Tanners Pool per DS but I have heard of no reports of the Tundra Bean Geese today. The miserable weather late afternoon precluded looking for yesterdays hooded Herring Gull in the roost today.  

1 comment:

  1. Hallo

    Ich finde das ist eine sehr gute Sache! Vieles wusste ich noch garnicht.

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Sugarista.de

    ReplyDelete