Tuesday 19 November 2019

Tuesday 19/11/2019

 Ruff from Makepiece   (double click on the images to enlarge them)
Most of my day was taken up with domestic stuff, so it was nearly 14.00 hrs before I got to the reserve. Although it was fairly quiet I did manage to see a 3w Caspian Gull which came in after sunset, a 2w and an adult Yellow-legged Gull, 5 Ruff and a party of 17 Black-tailed Godwits that dropped in at sunset. Also I managed to read 4 Norwegian Great Black-backed Gull rings, 1 of which was a new one for me.
 2w Yellow-legged Gull from Dennis's
Most of the 17 Black-tailed Godwits that dropped in from of Dennis's at sunset
Yesterday while counting the Cormorants on Burrowes (1,486) for the WEBs, I came across one which was sporting a dark blue ring marked M16. It was ringed as a pullus on 28/04/2016 at Saint-Macouf, Normandy and has not been reported again until I spotted it yesterday. Many thanks to Gerard Debout for coming back to me the ringing information so promptly. Its a pity that some of the British ringers find it so difficult to reply so promptly, some not at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment