Saturday 29 June 2019

Black Tern!

 Heath Fritillary East Blean
When I finished my appointments at Canterbury Hospital yesterday, I visited East Blean woods in the hope of catching up with a Heath Fritillary. I did mange to see them but they were very flighty in the strong blustery wind, consequently I didn't get the images I really wanted.

White Admiral East Blean
 This Cuckoo was watching the Reed Warblers at Cockles Bridge yesterday evening

 The first juvenile Sandwich Tern I have seen this year, dropped into the roost in front of Firth hide yesterday evening.
 The splendid Curlew Sandpiper was still present yesterday evening
 1 of 3 summering Wigeon was in front of Firth yesterday evening
The last few nights the MV has been very poor, this Shore Wainscot which is just about annual in my trap was the pick of the moths today.
I joined AJG for a pleasant hour at the fishing boats this afternoon, the cooling breeze made up for the lack of birds.
14.30-15.30
Common Scoter: 2W
Gannet: 1E
Mediterranean Gull: 7E (2 x Ad + 5 1st summer)
Kittiwake: 1E
Sandwich Tern: 2E
Common Tern: 10 around
Grey Seal: 1
Harbour Porpoise: 3+
 Black Tern From Firth this evening
 Black Tern

 Some of the 14 Black-tailed Godwits that dropped in for bathe and short rest in front of Firth hide before moving on. 4 Little Terns flew through Burrowes at 20.00 and 2 Sandwich terns dropped in. Behind the hide 2 Cuckoo's were chasing around.
Redshank enjoying a Medicinal Leech this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment