Wednesday 13 March 2019

He is now a regular visitor to my garden
A very poor day avian wise around the peninsular, the NW wind blasting across the shingle making birding very uncomfortable.
As I had domestic stuff to do this morning I didn't sea watch, but AJG, RW & JTM did and had nothing of note to report. A few Firecrests were reported today. The Black-necked grebe was still present per RW
At lunchtime the 2 Whooper Swans were still present in the Kale field at Cockles Bridge, the 4 Cattle Egrets were in the sheep fields opposite Green Hop Farm. Between the lifeboat Station and the fishing boats1,000+ large Gulls were wheeling over the beach feeding on the many Sea Mice and and shellfish washed up by the storm, despite careful scrutinising of them I couldn't find any notable Gulls.
Late afternoon on the reserve 2 Norwegian colour ringed Great Black-backed Gulls were on the roosting islands, both were birds I have recorded before, I stayed on the reserve till dusk but very few Gulls came into roost .

No comments:

Post a Comment