Monday 10 December 2018

Most of this morning was taken up with WEBs count on the reserve, which was very pleasant though problematic at times looking directly into the low sun. I didn't find anything of particular note though a Kingfisher at Makepiece was nice, less so the 1,328 Cormorants present.
Late morning I joined MH on a trip to Shirley Moor, Appledore, to look for the Great Grey Shrike that has been seen there, needless to say we failed, but I did see quite remarkably my first Yellowhamers of the Year in the UK.
Sunset over Burrowes from Makepiece Hide
This afternoon 3 Cattle Egrets were in a Horse Paddock by the main Dungeness Road, while on Cook's Pool a great White and Little Egret.
The late afternoon Gull roost was a non event, like the last couple of days with less than 150 Gulls coming in before dark.
Yesterday afternoon while staring out to see from the fishing boats I could see 100s of Gannets , Auks and Kittiwakes moving SW several miles out, I thought to myself it would be a good sea watch at Cap Gris-Nez or Le Clipon both sites just across the channel. Below are the sea watch numbers for both sites yesterday, all I can say is WOW!


No comments:

Post a Comment