Sunday 26 August 2018

6 out of 7!

 Red-backed Shrike
Most of my time today was spent sea watching but I did leave the sea long enough to admire the Red-backed Shrike that found it's way into the Heligoland Trap at the observatory.
On the sea once again 100s of Sandwich and Common Terns, Gannets and Kittiwakes also 50+ Black Terns through today, 4+ Arctic Skuas were offshore, a party of 12 Bar-tailed Godwits, a Little Tern a few Fulmars and Arctic Terns, the highlight being 2 Balearic Shearwaters moving through. 
This evening on the reserve 100s of Terns were present including the American Black Tern but no sign of the Roseate Tern that was present earlier today, I really should have made the effort to see it earlier but the thought of crowded hides kept me away, my loss, so I only managed to see 6 of the 7 species of Tern recorded at Dungeness today.
Red-backed Shrike
Balearic Shearwaters
 Bar-tailed Godwits
 Black Tern
Arctic Tern

No comments:

Post a Comment