Tuesday 29 May 2018

Singing Rosy!

The Rosy Starling singing this morning
The Rosy Starling was performing very well at times this morning, sitting on the top of the Sallows singing, then dropping back into them to feed on the abundance of caterpillars and frog hoppers. I thought last nights rain may have dropped other migrants but all I saw were 2 Swallows.
A late morning/early afternoon visit to The Midrips was as usual disappointing, the highlights being 24 Avocets, 21 Dunlin that flew out to sea, a Whimbrel, 2 Redshank and a Yellow Wagtail with a beak full of food.
I went to the fishing boats after and met AJG leaving, he'd seen just 4 Gannets in 45 minutes, needless to say I didn't stay. I went to Burrowes where from Dennis's 5 Sanderling, a Dunlin and a few Common Terns were the highlights. 



This Puss Moth was the best from the Plodland MV today

No comments:

Post a Comment