Monday 27 November 2017

 1w Caspian Gull (yellow X193)
With the rain and a dental appointment I didn't get out this morning, early afternoon I went to the reserve to hopefully see a green ringed Caspian Gull XTDN but despite arriving a few minutes after the bird being found it had already gone. As I drove past Cooks Pool the Cattle Egret was showing and the Red-crested Pochard was showing well on the Dipping Pool as I mad my way to Firth. 
I was joined in Makepiece by Mark, Pete, Pam and Richard where we saw a 3w Caspian Gull and an adult Yellow-legged Gull, DW arrived as the others left and we saw another 5 Caspian Gulls along with 2 more Yellow-legged Gulls. 
 3w Caspian Gull
 Adult Caspian Gull
 Adult Caspian Gull
Red-crested Pochard on the Dipping Pool
A drake Red-crested Pochard has turned up on the Dipping Pool about this time for the last 3 years same bird? 

No comments:

Post a Comment