Tuesday 4 July 2017

Luck!

Not a great deal at The Patch this morning mainly due to oriental fisherman trying to catch non existent Mackerel. All 3 Peregrine chicks were present and there were 2 Black Redstarts on the perimeter fence. A juvenile Great Spotted Woodpecker was on the telegraph poles at the Fish Shack.
At the ARC the 2 Little-ringed Plovers still sitting tight, 2 Dunlin, a Ringed Plover and a Common Redshank among the many Lapwings. Still many Pochard, Tuftys and Coot with fewer Shoveler and Teal, a Cuckoo flew over the lake as did a Sparrowhawk and few Sand Martins moved south. 
Today's Bee-eater at Herons Park, Denge Marsh.
This afternoon I went to the reserve centre to collect my repaired binoculars, while I was in the VC a lady came in saying she had seen a Bee-eater at Denge Marsh. I drove round there without much hope scanning the overhead wires as I went. As I got to Herons Park I spotted the Bee-eater on the wires, stopping a fair distance away I took a couple of record images, then started to call one of the locals, as he answered the Bee-eater took off heading towards Lydd not to be seen again despite checking all the wires locally a number of times. I guess luck allowed me to be in the Vc at the precise moment the lady came in to report seeing the bird. The 2 Little Owls still at Lydd Camp but still no sign of the Owlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment