Sunday 5 March 2017

Polish ringed 1w Caspian Gull!

Waking up to the sound of the wind rain lashing the windows didn't inspire me to get out in the field early. After a leisurely breakfast and catching up on emails and other domestic stuff that needed my attention I finally got out late morning. 
At Scotney 100+ Golden Plover, 9 Ringed Plover and 2 Redshank on the sward. The lake was windswept with just a few Wigeon and Tufted Duck sheltering in the bay.
On the New Diggings a Black-necked Grebe was all I could find before the Power Station police moved me on!
An hour at The Point saw 32 Brent Geese, a Fulmar and 2 Red-throated Divers fly east, also a few Gannets, Guillemots and Kittiwakes tooing and froing.
After lunch I joined Mick and Richard at the fishing  boats where although there were plenty of Gulls around there was nothing notable, that is until we were on the point of packing up and Mick spotted a 1w Caspian Gull at the back of the pack. As it jostled for a place on the beach we could see a red ring on it, viewed through my scope I could see it was a Polish ring. We were soon joined  by RS, DW, LG,CB,AA & LF all getting good views of the bird and also the regular 1w Caspian Gull.
 Polish 1w Caspian Gull 897P




 Normandy 74J joined the throng
North Thames U1TT today, I first saw it on 14th January 2017 

No comments:

Post a Comment