Monday 2 January 2017

This 1w Caspian Gull joined us at the Fishing Boats this morning
08.15-09.45 from the fishing boats joined by SO and AJG:

Brent Goose: 31 up           24 down
Shelduck:   2 up                  13 down
Gadwall:     2 up
Wigeon:      2 up                  3 down
Teal:            35 down
Common Scoter:   2 up      5 down
Red-throated Diver:  186 up
Great-crested Grebe:  c150 up
Fulmar:    1 down
Gannet: c50 around
Oystercatcher:  4  up
Turnstone: 4 on beach
Mediterranean Gull: 1 down
Caspian Gull:  2 x 1w (1 on beach + 1 at Fish Hut)
Kittiwake: c10 around
Guillemot: c600 up
Razorbill:  3 up
Snow Bunting:  1 over
I made a short stop at Kerton Road where the Stejneger's Stonechat was still showing.
I headed for the reserve but didn't make it to the visitor centre as the entrance track was a sea of cars, hopefully things will return to normal tomorrow. I opted for a walk at the back of Scotney, there I saw 2 Peregrines, Common Buzzard, Marsh Harrier, 10 White-fronted Geese, 15 Egyptian Geese and a party of Corn Buntings of note.
CONDEMNED TO DEATH BY CARELESS FISHERMAN!!!
This afternoon I joined Mick and Richard on the beach but no Caspian Gulls came to the offerings while I was there.
Late afternoon 15 Great White Egrets came into the ARC roost, the Bewick Swans were already on the lake when I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment