Wednesday 21 December 2016

A miserable looking Caspian Gull at the Fish Hut this morning
08.00-10.00 from the turning circle in SW 3-4 with drizzle.
All down channel unless stated otherwise:

Teal:         6
Common Scoter:  6
Great-crested Grebe: 5 around
Red-throated Diver: 16
Fulmar:          5
Gannet:      984
Cormorant: many present n/c
Great Skua:   2
Black-headed Gull:  many present n/c
Common Gull:  many present n/c
Herring Gull:   many present n/c
Great Black Backed Gull:  many present n/c
Kittiwake:   18
Auk:        1664 vast majority were Guillemots
The Bewick Swans from Hanson
The 1w Caspian Gull was by the Fish Hut when I arrived this morning and still present when I left.
A short visit to the ARC from Hanson found 18 Bewick Swans (17 ads 1 juv) asleep on 1 of the remaining shallow areas, also Great White Egret there and 2 Goldeneye of note. As I left the hide the rain set in which I did not mind as I had to spend the rest of the day Christmas shopping.

2 comments: