Sunday 7 February 2016

Quiet after the Storm.

After a very wild night weather wise on the peninsula and the SW wind still blowing I wasn't expecting much of a sea watch, which was just as well as nothing was moving at sea. A few Auks and Kittiwakes were tooing and froing and a handful of Gannets were feeding also the 1w Little Gull gave a fly by. The 1w Glaucous Gull flew by and the 1w Caspian Gull landed more or less at my feet, I resisted the temptation to take more pictures of them. I started to walk towards the Lifeboat Station where 100s of Gulls were feeding along the tideline, as I headed out towards them they were all spooked possibly by an unseen Great Skua, anyway they all flew towards me including the 1w Glaucous Gull again which landed just a few feet from me. This time I could not resist taking a few more snaps. Also 35 Turnstones flew in which I did resist.   
 Just couldn't resist a few more snaps.
At Scotney there was no change, the waves were lashing the Herring Gull island while on the lake just a few Tufted Duck and Wigeon sheltering in the bays.
Early afternoon back at the fishing boats there was even less off shore. On the beach the Glaucous and Caspian Gull were being well fed while posing very nicely for there constant stream of admirers. Galloways apart from a few Stock Doves and a Kestrel it was its usual disappointing self.

No comments:

Post a Comment