Wednesday 2 December 2015

Colour Rings

Sea watching from the fishing boats has not been very inspiring lately and today was no different. It will get better and I intend to be there when it does.
08.00-08.45
Great-crested Grebe: 32 on sea
Gannet: 11 SW  2 NE
Cormorant: n/c
Dunlin: 4 SW
Kittiwake: 16 SW
Guillemot: 1 on sea
Auk Sp: 5 SW

My next stop was The Patch. DW was already in the hide when I arrived grilling the 1,000s of Gulls on the beach and over the boil. He had seen a 1w Little Gull among the throng which despite me being there c90 minutes I failed to find. Not long after I arrived we spotted a Yellow ringed adult Caspian Gull, which after much scrutiny and blowing up of images was Yellow PKKK.
A visit to Scotney was disappointing with absolutely nothing of note seen.
A drive around Walland found 4+ Bewick Swans in fields at Horsebones Farm but very distant, a few small flocks of winter thrushes, 3 Marsh Harriers and a Common Buzzard.
No Caspians came into the beach this afternoon but a few colour ringed Gulls were seen.
A regular quite tame Great Black Backed Gull

Another regular Great Black Backed Gull
A3BJ another regular bird

No comments:

Post a Comment