Wednesday 6 May 2015

Wild and very slow!

A slow 2 hours 06.00-08.00 from a very windy and at times wet sea watch hide:
Common Scoter: 73E
Red-throated Diver: 2E
Fulmar: 7W
Manx Shearwater: 2E
Gannet: 113E
Oystercatcher: 4E
Whimbrel: 1E
Great Skua: 3E
Arctic Skua: 3E
Sandwich Tern: 33E
Common Tern: 126E
Auk sp: 9E
Swift: 3 in
Swallow: 28 in

This afternoon was even slower from the fishing boats 13.30-14-45:
Common Scoter: 1E
Fulmar: 1W
Gannet: 2W
Turnstone: 2 on beach
Hobby: 1 in
A few Common and Sandwich Terns heading west into Rye bay.

15.00-16.00 from the sea watch hide, which was shaking in the gale and rather damp due to the sea spray not a single notable bird was seen.

My old Vista lap top finally ran out of steam, so I am now struggling to get to grips with a shiny new one with windows 8.1 that seem to have a mind of there own, or it may be that I am rubbish computers. As there was nothing to point the camera at today, I thought  I'd post another of  one of the Cattle Egrets that entertained me for the last 6 months. 
Gone but not forgotten!

2 comments:

  1. Re - your missing Cattle egrets, I feel the same about my winter L Egrets, looking at the dry baked field they inhabited its hard to believe they were ever there.

    Anyway, Friday looks like a 'Pom' day to me, I'm hoping to sneak on down to Dungee, see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good for Friday, see you then Nick.

      Delete