Thursday 10 July 2014

Gannets and Manxies!

Another thoroughly miserable day with a strong NW wind meant sea watching was the order of the day. Well over 1,000 Gannets passed down channel ,(253 in 65 minutes this afternoon) 20+ Manx Shearwaters down channel, also 1 up very close in giving me one of the best views of this species I have had at Dungeness, I was so engrossed in watching it that I for got my camera was on the car seat beside me, 3 Kittiwakes, 70+ Common Scoter, 4 Mediterranean Gulls, the first few returning Auks whirred past, 4 Curlews, 1 Whimbrel and a Little Ringed Plover. Mammals were represented by a Grey Seal and 4+Harbour Porpoises.
 Once again no change at the ARC still 10 Little Egrets at the south end with the eclipse ducks. From Hanson c150 each of Coot, Gadwall and Pochard with smaller numbers of Tufted Duck.
A look at Scotney saw rapidly growing Herring Gull chicks on there island, a Curlew, and a Ringed Plover.
Herring Gull H8FT beside the Fish Shack at Dungeness this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment