Wednesday 16 July 2014

Blue sky days.

Another quiet day around the peninsular. Best bird being the adult Roseate Tern that DW had fly into The Patch briefly.
2 Black-tailed Godwits at the south end of the ARC, 2 Common Sandpipers on Burrowes.
view from the fishing boats. No birds.
 14.20-15-45 from the fishing boats in the company of The Joker:
Gannet: 1 up    2 down
Whimbrel: 2 down
Common Tern: 3 down
Sandwich Tern: 4 down
Mediterranean Gull: 1 up
Swallow: 1 out
Sand Martin: 73 out
just as well the sun was shining and The joker kept me entertained. I can only assume that there is very little for the Gannets and Terns to feed on in this part of the channel at the moment.
High tide pools at the fishing boats created by the winter storms 

Past its sell by date this Sussex Emerald turned up in the Plodland trap.
Aptly named Spectacle
European Corn Borer
Pale Prominent
Ruby Tiger

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another informative site. The place else may just I am getting that type of info written in such a perfect method? I have a challenge that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.My blog: best inshore spinning reel

    ReplyDelete