Tuesday 7 January 2014

Gulls!

Finally sorted out Blogger, though in truth the problem was more my IT inadequacies and my steam powered computer.
Where's the beach? Jury's Gap guard house.
 The last couple of days have been spent looking at Gulls and trying and failing dismally to get an image of the Hume's Yellow Browed Warbler.
probable 3w Caspian Gull
 Caspian Gulls have been much in evidence with up to 7 being seen yesterday, though I suspect that they are just the tip of the iceberg, because of the vast numbers of Gulls around and several large roosts that cannot be viewed.

Little Gull
 Kittiwakes are particularly numerous around The Point, although very photogenic I did not bother with them as I have many images of them already. I also have many images of Little Gulls but never tire of seeing them.
A Fairlight bird
With the number of Gulls around inevitably there are more colour ringed birds and I photographed several today.
Late this afternoon I met The Joker and PT in Firth hide over looking Burrowes Pit for my 4th attempt at seeing the long staying Glossy Ibis coming to roost. While waiting 2 Smew flew through and 3 red head Goosander were swimming around in front the hide (yesterday there was also 3 drakes with them). Just before dark at 16.05 the Glossy Ibis flew in and appeared to roost in the bushes between Firth and Makepiece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment