Monday 25 November 2013

Scanning for a Kite!

An hour at The point this morning produced c70 Red-throated Divers moving into Hythe Bay, a few Gannets tooing and froing and a few Common Scoter.
At the south end of The ARC a Great White Egret and 3 Goldeneye of note.
Arriving at Hanson a text from PT telling that the Black Kite was at Lade had myself and AJG scanning from the hide without success. We made our way to the Water Tower for a better chance of seeing it also without success.
As I had a heating engineer coming to fix my central heating at 10.00 I made my way back to Plodland. The engineer arrived on time and started his work allowing me to spend my time scanning the skies from Plodland. The heating repair was little more complex than first thought, so after c4hrs scanning and seeing 3+ Marsh Harriers, 2 Peregrines, 2 Common Buzzards, a Raven, 100s each of Lapwing and Golden Plover along with all the usual species but still no Black Kite!
News for yesterday that the Glossy Ibis was present in a dyke north of Boulderwall Farm per Paul and Liz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment