Wednesday 9 October 2013

Dotterel

With little movement on the sea myself and AJG covered from the observatory to north end of the Long Pits and back. Pick of the bunch was a Ring Ouzel also 14 Siskin, 4 Brambling, 8 Reed Buntings, 7 Swallows, 3 Blackcaps and 27 Chiffchaffs a very meagre return.
On the ARC the usual wild fowl and little else. While on Burrowes 2 Little Stints, 5 Great White Egrets and 5 Black-necked Grebes were the highlights.
A very poor image of the Scotney  Dotterel
With the colder weather coming I was tidying the garden when a text from PT Plovers Blog  alerted me to a Dotterel with the Golden Plover at Scotney GP, a couple of minutes later I was watching it. It was still present when I left at 16.15. Also there the feral Barnacle Goose flock with the 4 of the Heinz 57 that accompany them, a Ruff and 4 Yellow Wagtails.
Going to Cap Gris Nez tomorrow as strong North Westerlies forecast for tonight and tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment