Thursday 1 August 2013

Nothing new

Much quieter at The Patch this morning with no more than 15 Common Terns present and the usual 1st summer Little Gull trying to hide among the Black-headed Gulls.
09.00 I arrived at the observatory at the same as Patrick came back from doing the net rounds empty handed again! Apparently 7 nets had been out since 05.00 and not a single bird trapped!
I then headed to the fishing boats finding Mr Chidwick, Mr Ashton, Mr Hatch and Mr Smith already there looking slightly bored. After a few minutes of staring at virtually blank sea I could see why, though we did have a Black Tern and a Little Gull and c40 Common Scoter. Another short visit this afternoon found  little change in the birds or observers, but 5 Sanderling and 8 Turnstone moved west along the shoreline.
After a lovely swim late afternoon at Jurys Gap I was going to walk along The Midrips, as I started I saw CT and BH heading back, they suggested I should not bother so I went to the ARC where 5 Wood Sandpipers, 3 Green Sandpipers, 4 LRPs, 2 Yellow Wagtails and a Black-necked Grebe could be seen.       

No comments:

Post a Comment