Sunday 12 May 2013

The one that got away!

My love of a full English cost me a Green Winged Teal this morning. As I sat just a couple of minutes from the bird having my breakfast with my phone still on silent missing the calls and texts from AJG and PT about the bird. Hopefully that mistake wont be repeated.
A vain search around the tower pits failed to locate the G W Teal or anything much else, a Cuckoo was calling but not showing.
 From Dennis's Hide the pair of Scaup were showing well, also from here 20+ Swifts, a few Swallows and Martins, a Peregrine, a Hobby, a Merlin and a Marsh Harrier. From Makepiece a Common Sandpiper and Turnstone were of note.
 A lunchtime trip to Scotney was disappointing seeing a few Ringed Plovers and Dunlin and a single Redshank.
This afternoon the Pectoral Sandpiper was showing well on Hayfield 3 with 2 brilliant summer plumage Knot, several Ringed Plovers 2 Redshank and a Whimbrel over, unfortunately my visit was cut short with the arrival of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment