Thursday 4 April 2013

The Winter Continues

Arriving at the sea watch hide at 08.30 in another snow/sleet shower and a fierce north easterly. I had the hide all to my self, not surprising considering how cold it was in the hide, by 09'30 I'd had enough.


Red Throated Diver: 120+ on the sea 38E
Great Crested Grebe: 60+ on sea
Gannet: 117E
Brent Geese: 4E
Common Scoter: 33E
Shoveler: 7E
Wigeon: 2E
Oystercatcher: 3E
Bar Tailed Godwit: 1E
Knot: 9E
Kittiwake: 21E
Sandwich Tern: 1E
Common Tern: 1E  my first of the year
Auks sp: 26E
Harbour Porpoise: 4+ off shore

After a warm up I had look around the bushes on The Point and finding just 1 Black Redstart and a Raven overhead of any note.
The south end of the ARC from the causeway 5 red head Smew still but little else. 2 Great White Egrets still on New diggings,
Scotney G P was virtually bird less apart from the Herring Gulls on there nesting island. As another snow shower swept in and my house move to the coast imminent I called it a day to get some domestic stuff done.


1 comment:

  1. Good news about the house move finally coming to fruition Martin.

    ReplyDelete