Monday 1 April 2013

Lazy Day

Waking up at 05.30 and seeing the trees swaying in the the easterly gale I went back to bed. When I finally surfaced I made my way to Dungeness seeing a new bird for the year in the form of 2 Mandarin Ducks chasing round over some gardens near Shadoxhurst. (Were you looking up Pete and Pam). On the Lydd road at Belgar Farm the Barn Owl was hunting, this time away from the road  with no photo opportunities.   
An earlier shot of the same bird as today 
As I am a year older today I had family things to do so couldn't stay at Dunge to long, so decided to park at the ARC and wander out to the back of Hookers to look for yesterdays Bluethroat.
I joined the Burt family on the walk there seeing Tree Sparrows at Boulderwall, at least 3 different Marsh Harriers, Curlews, Wigeon and Stock Doves of note. At Hookers the Black Necked Grebe was still present, 2+ Bearded Tits, Cetti's Warblers shouted, Water Rails squealed but no sign of the Bluethroat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment