Thursday 17 January 2013

RIP Les Hemblade

A trip back to West Sussex to see my old birding mate Les Hemblade, with whom I spent many weekends birding round Sussex and beyond off on his final twitch. 
 As I arrived early I spent an half an hour at The Burgh watching from the triangle. Where a flock of 20+ Corn Buntings were in the hedge by the paddock along with several Yellowhammers and several Song Thrushes. Across the fields a covey of c15 Grey Partridges could be seen and others that were hidden could be heard heard. 4 Common Buzzards soared over hill with Red Kite and 2 more Red Kites flew down the Arun Valley. On the way back to the A27 30 Bewick Swans could be seen in the fields between Wepham and Warningcamp.  
After seeing Les off  I made a brief visit to Shoreham fort where 8 Purple Sandpipers were on the wooden pier. On the sea nothing worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment