Sunday 1 July 2012

The new Heligoland at D.B.O.

The first upright going in at 10.00 hrs yesterday

Saturday morning myself and c18 others started work reconstructing the Heligoland Trap in The Moat. Fortunately the forecast rain did not arrive and by the end of the day most of us had a small amount of sun burn. We were ably martialled by Wez who designed it and with his, Chris and Sams construction know how started to build it.
18.00 hrs yesterday

At 18.00 hrs Saturday 95% of the frame had been erected and we got the call that the barbeque was ready and a superb spread was laid on by Gill. 

The final spar is fitted and Ray arrives with tea

This morning the rain held off but a strong wind made things interesting. The final spar was put in place and we started fitting the netting, a job which was more difficult than anticipated consequently taking much longer. By 16.00 hrs only c40% of it had been done. Hopefully over the next few days we will complete the trap. I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend, most of us came through it with only a few nicks and splinters except P.T. who got a lump on his head from a piece of wood that I dropped on him. Sorry Paul!
16.00 hrs this afternoon and 40% of the netting in place

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission.

    my blog post :: http://blog.creativa.info/jedes-bild-ein-unikat/foto-westfalenhallen-dortmundanja-cordcreativa-2012-4

    ReplyDelete