Wednesday 11 July 2012

Elusive Serin

Storm over the ARC Pit from Hanson this afternoon
I spent most the morning trying to see a very elusive Serin at The Point this morning. It had been heard several times but only seen once in flight. After a short while looking around The Point I got a call from DW saying that it was calling near him. As I made my way over I could see he was looking at something in flight which enabled me to pick up the Serin briefly before it disappeared behind some buildings. We made our way to where we thought the bird landed and we heard it again but did not see it. I then spent most the rest of the morning trying to relocate it without success.
As I walked out to Hanson Hide the rain started. After a short while it eased so I took the opportunity to get back to the car and call it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment