Saturday 26 May 2012

Stodmarsh

After yesterdays long but great day I had a lay in. When I finally surfaced I heard that 2 White-winged Black Terns had been seen at Stodmarsh.  I guessed Steve Ashton would be at Stodmarsh so I called him for an update, he kindly informed me that the birds were still there. http://steveashtonwildlifephotography.blogspot.co.uk/
On arrival at the Lampen Wall the birds were showing well though the light was terrible(thats my excuse) I spent a long time watching and try to photograph them before having a plod around the reserve. At the water meadows a Wood Sandpiper, a Greenshank and distant flight view of a Temminckt's Stint with 4 Ringed Plovers. Hoping for better views I walked round to Harrisons drove with Gavin Coultrip, then to the Marsh Hide but no luck, though a Lapwing performed in front the hide and Hobby's seemed to be everywhere. Arriving back at the Lampen Wall I heard that the stint was back at the water meadows so had a quick walk there to get good scope views of it.
Also seen and heard were Reed, Sedge, Cetti's and Garden Warblers, Blackcaps, Treecreepers and a Nightingale.   
    






No comments:

Post a Comment