Monday 7 May 2012

Mow the Lawn miss the Lark

After spending the best part of 7 hours sea watching at Dungeness today, I was on my way to have lunch out with Sally when I got a call from young David that a Crested Lark had been found at Lloyds. 10mins later I was there but no Lark, it had flown into the power station compound. Half hour later and DW had got permission to go into the compound to find it. Unfortunately a thorough search of where it was seen to land drew a blank. Now 2 hours late for lunch I went home  to make amends and mow the lawn. As I got the mower out I got a call from DW to say the Lark had been relocated. Conscience got the better of me and I mowed the lawn then drove back to Dungeness. I parked up and was a couple of minutes walk from the Lark when TG phoned to say it had flown off towards the Lighthouse ****. As a small recompense a Red-rumped Swallow was located at Greastone sewage works and showed well all be it distantly. Maybe the Lark will be on show tomorrow!
Sea watch totals 06.10-12.50
Black-throted Diver: 35E
Fulmar: 15E
Manx Shearwater: 1E
Grey Heron: 1 in off
Brent Goose: 18E
Common Scoter: 334E
Shelduck: 8 out to sea
Gadwall: 2E
Peregrine: 1 around
Merlin: 1 coasting E
Hobby: 1 in off
Whimbrel: 32E
Bar-tailed Godwit: 12E
Grey Plover 2E:
Sanderling: 10E
Avocet: 4E
Pomarine Skua: 16E
Arctic Skua: 4E
Great Skua: 2E
Mediterranean Gull: 4E
Little Gull: 1E
Kittiwake: 21E
Sandwich Tern: 82E
Common/Commic Tern: 340E
Arctic Tern: 89E
Little Tern: 76E

      

No comments:

Post a Comment