Sunday 26 June 2022

Caspian Tern a superb Dungeness tick for me!

Caspian Tern at the ARC viewed from Hanson Hide
I had been sitting in Hanson Hide with Rob & Andrew Edwards yesterday morning, then left to get some breakfast, I had just made a coffee when Rob messaged me to say a Caspian Tern was now in front of Hanson Hide, I jumped back into the car in my bare feet, fortunately I had some footwear in the back of the car, I made some calls as I drove to the ARC, on entering the hide a few minutes later I was relieved to see the Tern still sitting in front the hide. A bird I have much wanted to see at Dungeness. Many thanks to Rob and Andrew for spotting and messaging me so promptly.


 



Glossy Ibis enjoying the abundance of Medicinal Leeches in the ARC

Cattle Egrets from Hanson

2 comments: