Friday 24 June 2022

ARC



The ARC is probably the best place to see birds on the reserve at the moment, The 4 Glossy Ibis and the 3 Egret species, Bittern, Marsh Harriers, Hobby's, Common Buzzards, Black-tailed Godwit, Avocet, are all regular there along with the wetland warblers and usual wildfowl and Grebes with the occasional Black-necked Grebe..
Around The Point a few Black Redstarts, Wheatears and Stonechats. I was lucky yesterday jamming in on a Serin flying around courtesy of Dave Bunney. The sea is still very quiet though not unexpected for this time of year.
Common Buzzard getting the Herring Gull treatment over my garden while I was going through the moth trap.
My local Robin serenading me while doing the moth trap.
The hay fields have now mainly dried out so that there is very little avian interest to be seen there 
Norfolk Hawker at Dengemarsh
The only image I managed of a brief encounter with a Lesser Emperor dragonfly at Dengemarsh
A Cherry Bark Tortrix new moth for the garden, although common throughout England there is very little of its food plant on the peninsular
Scott adelphella seems to becoming regular in my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment