Wednesday 22 April 2020

Wednesday 22/04/2020

 The Glossy Ibis that has been present at Dungeness from 07/04/2020 - 20/04/2020






The Glossy making one of its forays out to Lydd
 My early morning welcoming committee this morning as I walked up the track opposite my house on my way to Dengemarsh. I think that there are at least 4 pairs between home and Dengemarsh.
 This beautiful Brown hare is a regular early morning sight for me
 With a slight drop in the wind speed the Reed beds came back to life, lots of singing Sedge, Reed and Cetti's Warblers, Blackcaps, Common and Lesser Whitethroats were singing from the bushes, even a Bittern gave a few half hearted booms. There were a few more Swallows around and up to 10 Swifts could be seen distantly over the ARC. Bar-tailed Godwits, Whimbrel, Curlew, Greenshanks, Redshanks, LRP and Lapwings represented the waders today, while over the lake 2 Little Gulls and 2 Common Terns. I can still remember my dad taking me to Minsmere in the early 60s when it was the only place to go to see Marsh Harriers, Bitterns and Bearded Tits, now they are a daily occurrence for me just a short walk from home.
 Greenshanks on the hay fields
 Little Ringed Plover on the hay field
 Common Tern at Dengemarsh
 Flyover Bar-tailed Godwits
Several Small Coppers were seen today

No comments:

Post a Comment