Tuesday 21 April 2020

Tuesday 21/04/2020

 Whimbrel gleaming in the early morning sunshine, which belied just how cold it was in the force 7 North Easterly that was blowing across the peninsula. Because of the wind most birds were keeping out of sight in shelter, even the Reed Buntings, Sedge, Reed and Cetti's Warblers were very subdued, there was the occasional rattle of a Lesser Whitethroat and scold of a Common Whitethroat. It was first day in a while that I have not heard or seen a Bittern and Bearded Tits. I did hear my first Garden Warbler of the year near Bretts Marina, CT found a male Redstart nearby which failed to show for me.😞

 Many Mediterranean Gulls went over this morning, most were stratospheric with just the calls heard, but this group were just about low enough to get an image.
 I've been expecting to find a Cattle Egret since the 1st of January, so I was quite happy to find this bird today at Dengemarsh.


 At least a dozen Common Terns present today
 There were already 5 Greenshanks on hay field 1& 2 when a flock of 14 more dropped onto hay field 3 briefly then flying off East.

 10 Bar-tailed Godwits and a Knot at Dengemarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment