Monday 6 April 2020

At Last My First Swallows!

It is very frustrating to have the sea so close to me and yet closed to me but as it is for the greater good, I will have to continue to make do with my daily walk to Dengemarsh. I know I am extremely lucky to have that choice, I'm sure many birders would be very happy to be able walk to Dengemarsh. Today for me Dengemarsh was a little disappointing, I'm afraid I take Egret, Marsh Harriers, Bearded Tits and even Bittern sightings a little for granted, I did finally see my first 2 Swallows of the year, other migrants were a distant Wheatear and 4 Yellow Wagtails over. At least 6 Water Pipits are still around the hay fields but very camera shy. 
 Distant Wheatear 
 A nicely posing Grey Heron
 Canada Goose and Greylag Goose nests just a few metres apart

 Insert your own caption to this image
 This Grey Plover gave me time to the grab the camera by calling just before it flew over the house, pity the settings were all wrong.
 The 7 Barnies still in the fields in front my house
1 of 4 Black-tailed Godwit over the house yesterday 

No comments:

Post a Comment