Monday, 28 September 2026

28/09/2026

The morning sea watch was as expected very quiet, just a few Arctic Skuas messing around chasing Terns, nothing else was moving.
The local Little Owl late morning
Another visit to Jurys Gap where I could only find c40 Golden Plovers and 4 Ruff, alas I couldn't find the American Golden Plover. Most the bushes to and from the sandpit held Chiffchaffs darting out to grab insects.
Grey Seal hauled out where I normally sit at the fishing boats, it looked so comfortable I moved my position so as not to disturb it. When I did sea watch there was absolutely nothing moving.
 
The beach flies did't seem to bother it
From Hanson late afternoon the Garganey was still present as was the adult Little Gull, also 27 Pintail and 36 Wigeon, among the Gadwall, Shoveler, Mallard,Teal Pochard and Tufties.
The Pectoral Sandpiper was still on Burrowes from Dennis's Hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment