Thursday, 27 August 2026

27/08/2026

The White-winged Black Tern was still present today and still showing in the gloomy conditions this morning. A bit of a wader fest with 19 species today on the reserve with Spotted Redshank, Common Redshanks, Greenshanks, Curlew,Wood, Green and Common Sandpipers, Little Stints, Black-tailed Godwits, Curlew, Oystercatcher, Knots, Ruff, Turnstone, Little Ringed and Ringed Plovers, Lapwings, Common Snipes and Dunlin. 
Another Honey Buzzard was over the peninsula today making 5 in the last 2 days, I have managed to miss every one so far.🙄
A sea watch this afternoon was a rather slow affair, with 280+ Sandwich Terns, 5 Arctic Skuas and a Marsh Harrier.
 
White-winged Black Tern from Firth

Ruff
Little Stints

Great White Egret

Great White Egret takes a Jack Pike in front of Hanson



One of 4 Garganey seen from Hanson today

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I was out at around 6am to do a seawatch and got blasted by the storm, I had a ring cloud form over me, I was watching it as it went over and then it slowly dawned on me I was gonna be in for a soaking... Had kingfisher from hanson, 5 garganey, wood, green common sands, Tuesday we had barwit from dennis. White winged black was showing quite well earlier as was 9 water rails from the screen according to two people (one youbger boy and kne older man, probably his grandad) who went round early morning. Tuesday we had a Sooty Shearwater and the WWBT.
    Been a decent few days for me! And I hace also missed every single Honey Huzzard reported, as well as Osprey when they are reported.

    Hopefully something else turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had good time Harry, hopefully it wont be long before something turns up. A nice 4-0 against Chelsea on Sunday would be good..... I'll settle for 3-0.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had 96 species that day!
      I'm hoping for a 3-0 too, would be nice!

      Delete